Homework Starts with Home
The Homework Starts with Home program is a partnership between Hennepin County, the YMCA of the North and Osseo Area Schools to provide rental assistance, case management and attendance and academic improvement for students and their families who are experiencing housing instability.
Families must meet the following criteria during the referral process to possibly qualify for assistance:
- Families are at risk of eviction or facing housing instability.
- Families who have been homeless and found housing and need assistance with first month’s rent.
- Families must be able to financially sustain their housing after receiving one-time assistance or short-term assistance.
- Families must qualify based on income guidelines.
- Families must have a child enrolled in one of our Osseo Area Schools and also live within the attendance boundaries.
Housing Stability Social Worker
Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County
Community Mediation & Restorative Services
Tenant Resource Center
Hennepin County Emergency Assistance
Minnesota Energy Assistance Program (EAP)
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Call 211 or visit United Way 211