Saturday, Oct. 24, 2020 from 9:30-11:30 a.m.
4501 Oak Grove Parkway, Brooklyn Park
For families with children entering kindergarten in fall 2021: Join us for a fun-filled, informative event where you can learn all about the next step in your child’s educational journey.
Need a ride?
Free transportation from Zanewood Recreation Center (7000 Zane Avenue N., Brooklyn Park)
Bus schedule: 9:15 a.m.: Bus leaves Zanewood parking lot; Bus leaves Woodland for Zanewood at 11:30 a.m.
Call 763.391.7086 or email email@example.com
Activities at the fair:
- Tour a kindergarten classroom
- Ride a big yellow school bus
- Enjoy a free healthy school breakfast with your family
- Try out technology tools that help students learn
- Learn about our magnet school programs
- Meet some principals
- Learn about Kidstop (before- and after-school child care)
- Enroll your child through our Enrollment Center
- Participate in child-friendly activities
What will my child learn in kindergarten?
- Develop an appreciation of books
- Learn to form letters
- Identify letters and letter sounds
- Use letter sounds to read words
- Recognize and produce rhyming words
- Read sight words
- Identify characters, setting and events
- Create and expand upon a pattern
- Sort and classify different objects and materials
- Compare and graph different objects
- Count and write numerals
- Solve addition and subtraction problems using multiple strategies
- Make observations and name parts of plants
- Describe changes in weather and seasons over time
- Demonstrate qualities of a responsible citizen
- Compare and contrast people, places and events
- Sing songs, play musical instruments
- Recognize high and low pitch
- Dance creatively with music
- Express ideas freely
- Demonstrate originality and creativity
- Develop knowledge and skills in color, line, shape, space and texture, and the use of different art media
- Gain coordination, fitness skills
- Grow and develop through participation in activities
- Make positive decisions about a physically active lifestyle
- Understand concepts of disease prevention
- Learn about nutrition and make healthy food choices
(specialty theme schools)
Our magnet schools allow students to deepen their learning in special focus areas. Elementary magnet schools are Birch Grove Elementary School for the Arts and Weaver Lake Elementary: A Science, Math & Technology School. Both schools offer kindergarten.
At Birch Grove School for the Arts, core curriculum is integrated with music, dance, drama and visual arts for daily classroom instruction. Arts-rich electives and arts troupes provide additional opportunities for students to “learn through our passion for the arts.”
At Weaver Lake Elementary: A Science, Math & Technology (STEM) School, learning takes place as students inquire about the world around them. Students who discover answers and solve challenges through reading, research and investigation become lifelong learners.
At Zanewood Community School: A Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math School, scholars are taught to be problem solvers, creators and collaborators. Learning activities are designed to appeal to children’s interests, be inclusive of all scholars’ cultures, and provide the right amount of academic challenge (and fun!) for children at all grade levels.
Applying to magnet schools:
Submit your completed magnet school application by the priority deadline of Dec. 31, 2020. Applications may be submitted online starting Oct. 15. For help with the application, please call 763-450-1300.
Within district guidelines, free transportation is provided to magnet school students who enroll through the Northwest Suburban Integration School District.
Kindergartners with older siblings who are currently enrolled at a magnet school still need to complete a magnet school application if they wish to attend Birch Grove, Weaver Lake or Zanewood.
Before- and after-school care
Our choice based, high quality Kidstop program offers options that are as unique as your child, whether they crave challenge and adventure or just need a place to relax and play. In everything we do, we have your child in mind.
- We work to build each child’s confidence, courage and competence by creating a positive environment.
- We value children, develop meaningful relationships with them and build on their strengths.
- Gadgets, clubs, service projects, literacy, science, technology, engineering and math projects, and innovative games are examples of our fun and
- Students can arrive as early as 6:30 a.m. and stay as late as 6 p.m., up to five days per week, depending on your child care needs.
- Flexible contract options are available to meet the needs of working families. We accept child care assistance, and limited scholarships are available to those who qualify.
- We regularly communicate with teachers and staff to support your child.
- The program is open most non-school days.
- For program and enrollment information, visit: www.Kidstop279.org
Kindergarten & child care locations
Prepararse para Jardín de Infantes al venir a la Feria de Información de Jardín de Infantes del Distrito Escolar de Osseo el sábado, 24 de octubre, de 9:30 a.m. a 11:30 a.m. en Woodland Elementary (Escuela Primaria) (4501 Oak Grove Parkway, Brooklyn Park). Se proporcionar almuerzo gratis; intérprete disponible; ¡Traiga a su familia! Para preguntas sobre el evento o información sobre transporte gratuito, porfavor envíe un mensaje electrónico a SoriaSoriaGalvarroV@District279.org.
Kev npaj ntsoov mus kawm rau qib Kindergarten los ntawm kev tuaj cuv npe rau ntawm peb lub koos rooj Koog Tsev Kawm Ntawv Osseo Area Schools Kindergarten Fair nyob rau hnub Saturday, lub 10 hli ntuj hnub tim 24, thaum 9:30 teev sawv ntxov mus txog rau 11:30; nyob rau tom lub tsev kawm ntawv Woodland Elementary, chaw nyob 4501 Oak Grove Parkway, Brooklyn Park. Peb muaj su rau noj dawb; neeg txhais lus rau nej; coj tag nrog nej tsev neeg tuaj koom! Yog xav tau xov txog qhov koos rooj no ntxiv lossis txog kev caij tsheb npav tuaj koom, thov xa email mus rau Kou Vang ntawm nws tus email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chuẩn bị sẵn sàng cho lớp mẫu giáo bằng cách đến Hội chợ Thông tin Mẫu giáo tại trường học khu vực Osseo vào Thứ 7, ngày 24 tháng 10, từ 9:30 giờ sáng đến 11:30 giờ chiều. Tại Trường Tiểu Học Woodland (4501 Oak Grove Parkway, Brooklyn Park). Bữa ăn trưa miễn phí được cung cấp; Thông dịch viên có sẵn; Mang theo gia đình của bạn! Nếu có thắc mắc về sự kiện hoặc thông tin về việc vận chuyển miễn phí, hãy gọi số 763-391-8830 hoặc email email@example.com.