Inspire and prepare each and every scholar to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning.
The ISD 279 School Board consists of six members who are elected at large in even-numbered years. Members serve alternating four-year terms.
The major functions of the school board include:
- Setting a vision for the school system;
- Establishing standards for performance;
- Ensuring high quality assessment;
- Embracing accountability for student outcomes;
- Aligning system resources to promote student achievement;
- Creating effective school climate and culture;
- Developing collaborative relationships; and
- Working toward continuous improvement.
The board hires the superintendent and delegates to him or her the authority and responsibility to administer school district operations. The superintendent serves as an ex officio member of the board.
Interview Schedule (subject to change):
6:15-7:15 p.m. Community Q&A session with candidate (moderated by School Exec Connect)
7:30-8:30 p.m. School Board interview with candidate
Superintendent search interviews conducted by the school board are open to the public. The interviews will not be livestreamed, but will be recorded. Consistent with the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, interested persons may request the opportunity to listen to the recording of the search interviews at an appropriate future date.
Video of regular meetings of the ISD 279 School Board is available as a live webstream via this link. Archived regular meeting videos and work session audio recordings are generally posted for on-demand viewing/listening by 5 p.m. on the day after each school board meeting.