Inspire and prepare each and every scholar to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning.
The ISD 279 School Board consists of six members who are elected at large in even-numbered years. Members serve alternating four-year terms.
The major functions of the school board include:
- Setting a vision for the school system;
- Establishing standards for performance;
- Ensuring high quality assessment;
- Embracing accountability for student outcomes;
- Aligning system resources to promote student achievement;
- Creating effective school climate and culture;
- Developing collaborative relationships; and
- Working toward continuous improvement.
The board hires the superintendent and delegates to him or her the authority and responsibility to administer school district operations. The superintendent serves as an ex officio member of the board.
Topics: (subject to change) Monitoring Report: Strategic Direction D Initiatives, Review of BIPoC Achievement Data, Board Calendar Review
School Board Work Sessions are open to the public. Sessions are audio recorded; recordings are available on the district website within 2 business days after the end of a work session.
Video of regular meetings of the ISD 279 School Board is available as a live webstream via this link. Archived regular meeting videos and work session audio recordings are generally posted for on-demand viewing/listening by 5 p.m. on the day after each school board meeting.