The Minnesota Dept. of Health is making free home test kits available through schools for all middle and high school students. Testing on a regular basis can help reduce the number of students coming to school without knowing they are COVID-positive, which results in quarantines that can affect hundreds of other students.
Public health authorities strongly recommend that all secondary students get tested every two weeks.
- For the remainder of the school year, test kits will be available at school for pick-up on the following Thursdays: April 29, May 13, and May 27.
- Students can return home test kits to their school by 8 a.m. each following Monday (or Tuesday following Memorial Day).
Public health authorities strongly recommend weekly testing for all secondary students involved in sports and other activities.
- For the remainder of the school year, test kits will be available in high school activities offices for pick-up on the following Thursdays: April 29, May 6, May 13, May 20, and May 27.
- Students can return home test kits to the activities office by 8 a.m. each following Monday (or Tuesday following Memorial Day).
For questions about self-administering the tests, a Registered Nurse from Vault Medical Services will be available in a Zoom room Monday - Friday: 6:30 - 9:30 a.m. The Zoom room link is: https://vaulthealth.zoom.us/j/5330756419.
Vault uses the Zoom meeting application to facilitate at-home COVID-19 testing. Students and families can use their personal cell phone, home computer or other personally owned technology to participate in a Zoom meeting with Vault representatives. In addition, to make at-home testing more accessible to students, Osseo Area Schools will (for a limited time period) allow students to download the Zoom application on district-issued devices for the sole purpose of COVID-19 testing.
- The home testing process will include logging onto Zoom to talk with a representative of the testing company (Vault) as they take the test. Note: Parent permission will be required, so a parent/legal guardian will need to be on the Zoom call as the student is taking the test.
- Students and families are advised that any use of a school district issued device must comply with District Policy 441 (Digital Technologies and Digital Systems Acceptable Use). Parents and guardians are responsible for monitoring their student’s appropriate and acceptable use of the internet and related applications.
- For technical support with Zoom, please contact Vault (the COVID-19 testing company), Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at 929-205-6741. Unfortunately, district staff cannot provide tech support for Zoom.
- Parents/caregivers who prefer that their children not use Zoom can take advantage of community COVID testing centers, instead.
Although strongly recommended by health authorities and Osseo Area Schools, at-home COVID-19 testing for students is voluntary. Testing is being provided through Vault Medical Services (“Vault”). Vault is a third-party, private vendor that is working in collaboration with the State of Minnesota to provide statewide testing. Osseo Area Schools is not affiliated with Vault and is not responsible for the testing or related testing protocols utilized by Vault. Any data requested or maintained by Vault will not be managed or possessed by Osseo Area Schools.
Thank you for doing your part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community and our schools.