Registration for 2020-2021 Four Star Express opens on 1/14/2020 at 9:00 AM
|Basswood||Cedar Island||Fernbrook||Rice Lake (2019-2020)|
|Oak View (2020-2021)||Rush Creek (Bee Room)||Rush Creek (Owl Room)||Weaver Lake|
Jumpstart your child's enthusiasm for Kindergarten! It's care plus learning every day! Four Star Express is a unique child-care and school readiness program that encourages skills for Kindergarten. Our purpose is to provide a cooperative and developmentally appropriate child care experience that supports the early learning needs of four-year-old children in a school setting.
Theme-based Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum
- 40 weeks of theme-based curriculum developed specifically to support your child's success
- Social-skill building
- Music and creative arts
- Physical education
- Technology, media, and computer
- Literacy skill-building utilizing the preschool version of District 279 Reading Curriculum
- Large and Fine Motor Development
- Social-Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Math utilizing the preschool version of District 279 Math Curriculum
- Access to school lunch
- Field trips and special events
- Mentoring by older students
- Progress conference
Offered in the safe and caring environment of an elementary school
- The program is available 6:30am - 6:00pm, Monday - Friday.
- Open most non-school days.
- Four Star welcomes all children 4 years of age by September 1st of the attending school year.
- 2019 Four Star Express Basic Information.
- 2020 Four Star Express Basic Information.
- Information on registering for the Four Star Express program.
- Located at Basswood Elementary, Cedar Island Elementary, Fernbrook Elementary, Rice Lake Elementary, Rush Creek Elementary, Weaver Lake Elementary, and Woodland Elementary.
- 2019-2020 Program runs Tuesday, September 4, 2019, through Thursday, June 6, 2020.
- 2020-2021 Program runs Tuesday, September 8, 2020, through Friday, June 11, 2021.
- Registration opens at 9 am on 1/14/20 and is limited to 20 students per class section. Rooms are filled on a first-come-first-serve basis. Students must be 4-years-old by September 1st of the attending year to be eligible.
- 2020 Registration will close on 8/19/20. Any student registering after that time will not be able to start until 9/14/20 and is subject to space availability and completed registration.
- A non-refundable deposit of $249.00 (19-20 School Year) or $268.92 (20-21 School Year) must be committed at the time of registration for week #40 (the last week of tuition in June). This deposit is processed when your contract is accepted.
- Enrollment in an elementary school is based on school attendance areas. Participation in Four Star Express does not guarantee enrollment at an elementary that falls outside of your school’s attendance area. Registering in Weaver Lake or other Four Star Express locations does not automatically enroll students in Weaver Lake Elementary or the attending school for the following year.
The registration process is complete when we receive your child’s birth certificate and immunization record. We must receive your child’s records no later than one week after registration has been accepted. A district staff person will review your child’s immunization record to ensure it is complete. Send all records and communications to CECares@district279.org
- There are a total of 40 Weekly Tuition Payments of $249.00 (19-20 School Year) or $268.92 (20-21 School Year).
- Weekly payments are due the 1st day of each week.
- All accounts are required to be set up using an auto pay with a bank account or credit card payment method.
- Child care assistance is available for families who qualify but will not cover tuition100%. Contact your county of residence and our business office before registering. Hennepin County can be reached at (612-348-5937).
- Limited scholarships are available. Email CECares@district279.org for an application.
**Please be aware of all cancellation and billing policies available on your registration Terms and Conditions and in our Family Handbook**