Osseo Area Learning Center (OALC) was represented by five students at the 24th Annual MAAP STARS Spring Conference in Bloomington last month.
Minnesota Association of Alternative Programs (MAAP) Success, Teamwork, Achievement, Recognition and Self-Esteem (STARS) is a competition that tests students’ skills in categories such as Public Speaking, Employment Interview, Team Management Decision Making, and LifeSmarts—a consumer economics knowledge bowl.
All OALC students who competed at MAAP STARS won awards; see below for detailed results. Learn more about MAAP.
- Trivontae Parker (7th place and gold ribbon)
- Courtney Johnson (gold ribbon)
- Raquan Kennedy (silver ribbon)
- Rhi Fabel (bronze ribbon)
- Des Henry (7th place and gold ribbon)
Team Management Decision Making
- Raquan Kennedy and Trivontae Parker (gold ribbon)
- Des Henry (gold ribbon)
Team Parent Decision Making
- Rhi Fabel, Des Henry and Courtney Johnson (silver ribbons)
- Raquan Kennedy and Trivontae Parker (bronze ribbons)
- Rhi Fabel, Des Henry, Courtney Johnson, Raquan Kennedy and Trivontae Parker (silver ribbons)
- Rhi Fabel, Courtney Johnson and Trivontae Parker (bronze ribbons)
- Trivontae Parker
- Rhi Fabel, Des Henry and Raquan Kennedy
PHOTOS: (Top) OALC students prepare for the first day of competition at the MAAP STARS conference on April 26. (Right) Des Henry and Trivontae Parker won plaques for their seventh-place finishes in the Workplace Relations and Employment Interview categories, respectively.