PHOTO: CI-Adapted Soccer are repeat state champs this year.
Our student athletes had many opportunities to achieve their dreams this fall. The following are some of the fall season highlights provided by each of our high school's activities department:
At MAPLE GROVE SENIOR HIGH —
- The boys’ cross country team finished first in the conference, first in sections and third at state. Alex Miley finished 5th at state, the highest state placement in the sport in school history. More than ten male and female cross country athletes earned All-Conference honors and/or competed at state. Coach Matt Gifford was named Section 5AA Coach of the Year.
- In tennis, Zoe Adkins placed first in sections and advanced to the state tournament.
- In soccer, the girls’ team placed second in sections, and Ryan DeBois was named a Mr. Soccer finalist.
- Crimson football advanced to the state tournament, and quarterback Brad Davison was named Metro Player of the Year by the Star Tribune.
- The girls’ swim and dive team earned second at sections, and Stacy Backstrom was named Section 8AA Coach of the Year. Rose Gallagher was named Section 8AA Swimmer of the Year and took 7th place at state in the 500 free. Several other athletes also qualified for state.
At OSSEO SENIOR HIGH —
- Volleyball finished 2nd in conference and advanced to section semi-finals. Tina Boe was named to the All-State, All-Metro, and All-Conference teams.
- Nash Jensen will play in the Minnesota Football Showcase All-Star Game in December.
- The cheer team earned a trip to the National Competition that will take place in Florida.
- Corey Moody and Vaughn Thomas earned All-Conference honors in cross country, and Corey Moody advanced to the state meet.
At PARK CENTER SENIOR HIGH —
- Brenton Brakke was named to the First All-State Team and Fuad Tahir was named to Second All-State Team for boys’ soccer.
- In adapted soccer, the PI team placed 4th in the state tournament, and the CI team finished the regular season undefeated and became back-to-back state champs with another state tournament win.