After top performances at the regional competition, Fernbrook Elementary and Osseo Middle School will send teams to the state Destination Imagination competition in April.
Destination Imagination is a creative problem-solving challenge with the purpose to inspire and equip students to become the next generation of innovators and leaders. Challenges encompass STEM, Improv, Performing and Visual Arts skills. Each challenge is open-ended and enables student teams to learn and experience the creative process from imagination to innovation. Academic tournaments take place around the world where teams have the opportunity to present their solutions to trained appraisers. Students have fun and gain confidence in their ability to solve any challenge while learning 21st-century skills such as creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, communication, citizenship and courage.
Teams attending state and their regional results:
- Team “Close Encounters” earned first place in Improvisation Elementary Level. The team includes Maguire Doyle, Maddie Novak, Garrett Firestone, Ava Cossette, Savanna Conger and Shaam Alkillesly.
- Team “Just Kidding” earned first place in Improvisation Middle Level. The team includes Aries Bueckers, Tabitha Fiedler, Grace Heinecke and Faith Suah.
- Team “DIdeas Keep on Comin’” earned first place in Fine Arts Secondary Level. The team includes Brynn Moncur, Adamson Novak, Emma Thomas, Erin Besser, Jess Bray and James Pipkin.
- Team “Square with Five Sides” earned second place in Improvisation Middle Level. The team includes Maddie Dehn, Gabe Perkins, Reese Plaude, Evan Molinaro, and Caroline Ringsmuth.
- Team “Tad Mad” earned second place in Fine Arts Secondary Level. The team includes Alex Kidwell, Ebony Cox, Leah Yanko, Maddie Doyle, Starr Nguyen and Karl Penaz.
Osseo Middle School