Maple Grove Senior High’s Crimson FIRST Robotics team was honored with the Chairman’s Award at the Lake Superior Regional competition. This is the highest honor achievable in FIRST Robotics. The award is presented to the team at each event that has made the biggest impact on its community, done the most to further STEM education, to help others, and to generally make the world a better place.
Out of a field of 63 teams, Crimson Robotics received this award for the work they have done to impact the world of robotics including:
- Starting robotics teams in all four of Osseo Area Schools’ middle schools
- Helping reboot and mentor Park Center Senior High’s robotics team
- Coordinating numerous robotics demonstration and events in the district’s elementary schools and delivering countless presentations including to groups such as the Cub Scouts.
- Running robotics summer camps
- Collaborating and mentoring many other robotics teams around the region.
The team’s commitment to helping robotics thrive within the district and the entire region demonstrates the epitome of our district’s mission to contribute to community.
The team will advance to compete with their robot at the World Championship and be considered for the Championship Chairman’s Award. This year’s competition is titled, “Stronghold.” This medieval-themed challenge requires robots to cross a variety of obstacles and shoot dodge balls into goals in castle towers.