- Position Type:
Elementary School Teaching/Curriculum Integration
- Date Posted:
Zanewood Community School
Description: To assist the site administrator in the development, implementation, and evaluation of curricular or instructional related programs and special projects relating to the MSAP Magnet Grant under the direct supervision of Northwest Suburban Integrated School District and the connection to Osseo Area School District programs and expectations. Our mission is to inspire and prepare all students with the confidence, courage and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning.
Job Summary: The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental job duties.
Qualifications: A valid Minnesota Teaching License. Experience with grant management is preferred as well as experience with adult learners and partners
Start Date: January 3rd, 2022
- Plan and/or conduct staff development for licensed and non-licensed staff.
- Provide direct instruction to students when appropriate.
- Consult with teachers regarding the program/project and student needs.
- Plan and/or Conduct staff development for licensed and non-licensed staff.
- Model best practices identified in the magnet grant as they can be integrated into core content.
- Serve as liaison to district level staff and outside agencies.
- Communicate through surveys, conversations, focus groups, etc. with staff, students, and parents/guardians regarding program services.
- Maintain program/project records; complete program/project reports and grants or renewal applications as required by both Osseo Area Schools and Northwest Suburban Integrated School District.
- Has a heightened interest in all components of STEAM programming (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math
- Works with staff to implement the theme as well as facilitating a marketing plan for the STEAM magnet.
- Facilitate a comprehensive and cohesive framework for thematic instruction Including intentional scheduling of STEAM instruction
- Serve as a resource for high-quality materials and instructional strategies
- Facilitate the production of curriculum and guides for each grade level of the program that contain
- Alignment of the curriculum to the state standards
- Clearly defined expectations of student learning as related to STEAM instruction
- Gather data to be analyzed by the staff and used to inform curriculum development
- Serve as a liaison to community partnerships
- Communicate with staff, students and community about the magnet school through district and school events (Kindergarten Fair, Family Exhibition Nights, Open House, annual STEAMfest, etc.)
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records for financial accountability of grant funds
- Meets regularly with Administration for review, revision and updates to the STEAM programming plan