Position type: Student Support Services
Location: Park Brook Elementary
Closing date: Open until filled
General Purpose of Job: To inspire and prepare all students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning. The person selected for this position will be responsible for case managing students in special education and teaching reading and math.
Park Brook Elementary is a school with a Focus on Fitness initiative to increase academic growth and positive behaviors. The selected candidate will be expected to support this initiative. During a typical school day students participate in multiple Brain Boosts, exercise breaks, to assist students wtih keeping their brains prepared for learning. Most students sit on kinesthetic seating. Interventions at Park Brook include fitness interventions to support students with attention, increasing academic growth, mental health, and emotional regulation.
Special Education/Regular Education Academic Interventions: The candidate selected for this position will support students receiving special education services, and will also provide academic interventions to students who are not receiving special education services. The students who are not receiving special education services are not presumed to be on a trajectory to be assessed, but rather Park Brook provides significant academic intervention to increase academic growth. The candidate selected will have a desk in the special education classroom where some special education services will be delivered, and will provide regular education interventions in a different location so that students are not placed into a special education setting.
- Position provides instruction and support in the curriculum areas for which employed;
make appropriate use of instructional resources and technologies.
- Implement the goals and objectives of the District and the school and/or program for
- Write and implement individual student goals and objectives.
- Evaluate student performance according to the goals and objectives on the Individual
Educational Plan (IEP) used by School District; promote student achievement; maintain
required student records; make related reports to the principal as prescribed or
authorized by the superintendent.
- Complete three-year and initial special education evaluations.
- Maintain contact and communications with parents of students and work wit them in the
development of each student.
- Perform classroom management duties; enforce District rules governing the conduct.
- Understand and be able to implement due process guidelines following state and federal rules, regulations and District policy.
Required Qualifications: A valid Minnesota teaching license in Special Education (LD; EBD; DCD); Elementary Education.
Desired Qualifications: Must have a valid LD license and Elementary Education License.
- Considerable knowledge of the curriculum areas the teacher is responsible for instructing.
- Considerable knowledge of educational philosophy, teaching methods and approaches, current researched best practices and strategies.
- Considerable knowledge of students' learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Considerable knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts.
Working knowledge of instructional technologies.
- Considerable skill in classroom management and organization.
- Ability to effectively facilitate and/or participate in team meetings and parent meetings.
FTE: 1.0 (Temporary approximately August 30, 2021 thru March 18, 2022) This position has return rights pursuant to language in the Teacher Transfer Procedures, subd. 1.
Salary: Per Contract
Benefits: Group Benefits