Position Type: Technology
Location: Educational Service Center
Closing Date: Until Filled
General Purpose of Job:
To inspire and prepare all students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning through level one technical services that support accessible, equitable and user-friendly systems with training that supports all users to effectively and efficiently achieve the district mission.
Osseo Area Schools is Minnesota’s 5th largest school district. This position will be a part of the Instructional and Informational Technology Team (I2T2) which provides technical support to approximately 21,000 students and 3,000 staff members across 31 site locations. This includes the management of approximately 9,000 classroom/staff computers and 21,000 student mobile devices. With support from technical support specialists, repair technicians, network administrators and school staff, this position works to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction with technology services.
- Provide first-level installation, diagnosis, repair, and maintenance on all computing devices and peripheral classroom hardware and equipment, including network connections
- Provide first-level technical support using procedures and tools established by District-Level Technical Support;
- Document daily activities in the work order system and escalate to second level as needed;
- Provide training and instruction in the use of classroom, mobile, and instructional technologies;
- Provide inventory of hardware and software as requested; and,
- Perform other comparable duties of a like or similar nature as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Communicates effectively and confidently, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency to troubleshoot hardware, software and explain current technology to end-users
- Ability to use a variety of operating systems, including Windows, ChromeOS, and iOS.
- Ability to respond to help desk requests via telephone, help desk software, and email
- Ability to travel to different sites during the workday.
- Experience working in a K-12 school setting
- Proficiency in a language other than English (Spanish, Somali, Hmong, Vietnamese)
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Strong customer service orientation - dedication to customer needs; understanding the customer's sense of urgency.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Excellent organizational skills in prioritizing and documenting needs.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility, resilience, and tolerance for ambiguity.
- Ability to collaborate effectively
Job Type: Part-time, 30 hours/week, school year
Hours: 6 hours/day; 5 days/week; school year
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
Salary Range: Per Contract