Position Type: Transportation/Bus - Educational Support Professional
Location: Educational Service Center
Closing Date: until filled
General Purpose of Job: Assist students and driver in the transportation of students.
- Provide a safe and positive experience for students on special education and general education buses.
- Assist/accompany child in loading and unloading by operating wheelchair lift or holding hand/arm to support child.
- Responsible for securing students in wheel chairs, assisting and securing students into booster seats, and securing students in safety vests.
- Cooperates with the driver in maintaining good ridership control. Corrects disruptive behavior by singing, talking or providing distractions on the bus.
- Works with drivers and students to promote positive behavior on special education and general education buses by utilizing our Positive Behavior Interventions Supports (PBIS), bus behavior matrix and bus bucks program.
- Assist students in keeping clothes on, being sure articles are not left behind, etc. Be sure students are comfortable and special seat or equipment stays secured; e.g., wheelchair brake.
- Cooperate and communicate with teachers, nurse and parents regarding student behavior/problems. Give/receive information pertaining to problems. Informs parents of students' behavior.
- Communicate with transportation office regarding problems with pick-up areas, excessive tardiness and other special problems encountered in providing services. Informs of severe deviation/problems, e.g., problem student, extreme delays in picking up students, no parent to greet the child, etc.
- Complete Bus Conduct and Incident Communications on student’s transportation problems as they arise.
- Attend monthly ESP meetings to learn and collaborate on bus ESP issues.
- ESP's will be required to work with two school district calendars. Some students attend District 287 and will require ESP's to work on NON-OSSEO days.
- Ability to log into district website to report hours worked weekly and review emails as needed.
- Assist with answering phones and addressing transportation related questions.
- Ability to perform data entry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to perform tasks or work with children.
- Ability to attend to physical needs of students.
- Ability to work inside and outside school bus and in the elements.
- Experience with persons with disabilities desired.
Hours: 6 hours/day Part-Time; 5 days/week Split Shift (A.M. / P.M.)
Job Type: Part-time, school year
Bargaining Unit: Educational Support Professionals
Salary Range: Per Contract ($17.00 to $22.58) Benefits (8) Paid Holiday and Sick Time, 403B Match, and Medical (based on hours)