Position Type: Administrative Assistant/Clerical/Resource Manager
Date Posted: 9/6/2022
Location: Crest View Elementary
Job summary: To provide in-depth support to the principal and staff of the elementary school through management of district provided resources and facilities and equipment under the direction of the principal.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Monitor and implement requests for all community school and extra-curricular requests requiring building facilities and/or equipment. Schedule rooms/facilities and notify appropriate source of any equipment or special work arrangements necessary.
- Maintain an accounting system for all building funds, accounts and monies. Process purchase orders, keep ledger up-to-date, report monthly balances.
- Implement paraprofessional schedules. Insure accuracy of paraprofessional Aesop and My Time. Assist with lunch recess schedules as well as fill in for lunch/recess duty.
- Keep physical asset inventory and process repair requests.
- Schedule field trip busses with Transportation Department, process admission payments, deposits, grants, and subsidies.
- Order and disburse supplies and materials as needed.
- Schedule, organize and monitor health and safety conditions. Assist district with maintaining building and room access.
- Verify and maintain staffing database.
- Process building time cards, contracts for extra assignments, and staff development requests.
- Liaison for building and district communication.
- Other duties as assigned by Principal
Minimum Qualifications include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Extensive secretarial/clerical and computer skills including: Publisher, Mail Merge, Word, Access
- Extensive skills in developing and maintaining record system
- Knowledge of district policies as they affect the general operation of the building
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of the materials and information disseminated daily
- Human relation strengths including helping, serving, and exchanging information
- Strong communication skills; oral and written
Salary: View salary grid on Page 5, Section 1, and Classification, Pages 6 - 7, Section 3 of the Administrative Education Support Professionals (AESPs) contract
Work schedule: 8 hours/day; 5 days/week
Job Type: Full-time, 219 Days
Bargaining Unit: Administrative Education Support Professionals (AESPs)
Osseo Area Schools offers:
- Meaningful and impactful work
- Opportunities to grow professionally
- A variety of benefits
- Summer opportunities
- and more
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.