These projects have been proposed to meet school building improvement needs:
- Adding additional safety and security enhancements to all schools.
- Adding safe and secure entrances to Maple Grove, Osseo and Park Center Senior High Schools to reach the safety/security standards already in place at other district schools.
- Expanding and modernizing career and technical education spaces at Maple Grove, Osseo and Park Center Senior High Schools and the Osseo Area Learning Center.
- Expanding and modernizing science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) spaces at magnet schools.
- Updating classrooms at all schools to accommodate varied learning needs, including the specialized services of special education, gifted/talented and multilingual learners.
- Updating classrooms and common areas with new furniture and flexible learning spaces at all schools.
- Modernizing library media centers to be more resourceful and accommodating of teaching and learning needs at all schools.
- Adding an outdoor classroom at all elementary and middle schools currently without such a space.
- Repurposing an existing elementary school to meet Community Education programming needs, including early childhood learning, adult basic education and enrichment opportunities birth through adult.
- Adding classrooms and a larger cafeteria at Maple Grove Senior High School to address current and predicted space constraints.
- Adding an elementary school in northwest Maple Grove to address current and predicted space constraints.
These proposed projects were determined through a multi-year research process that involved students, staff, families and community members. Their work revealed critical safety/security needs, teaching and learning needs, and building space needs with regard to programming and current and predicted population growth. Read about their in-depth studies via the board document page of the district website.