The following schools receive federal funds for programs that are part of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), as amended (2015): Crest View Elementary, Fair Oaks Elementary, Garden City Elementary, Palmer Lake Elementary, Park Brook Elementary, and North View Middle School.
Based on current education law, teachers must have earned State certification and licensure. State certification and licensure is the training required to be a teacher.
You have the right to request information about the professional qualifications of your child’s teacher(s) or paraprofessional(s). A paraprofessional provides academic or other support for students under the direct supervision of a teacher. If you request this information, the district or school will provide you with the following as soon as possible:
- If the teacher has met State certification and licensing requirements for the grade levels and subjects for which the teacher provides instruction;
- If state certification and licensing requirements have been waived (are not being required at this time) for the teacher under emergency or other temporary status;
- If the teacher is teaching in the field of discipline for which they are certified or licensed;
- If the teacher has met State-approved or State-recognized certification, licensing, registration, or other comparable requirements. These requirements apply to the professional discipline in which the teacher is working and may include providing English language instruction to English learners, special education or related services to students with disabilities, or both; and
- If your child is receiving Title I or Special Education services from a paraprofessional, his or her qualifications.
Our staff is committed to helping your child develop the social, academic and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. That commitment includes making sure that all of our teachers and paraprofessionals are highly skilled.
If you would like to request information about your child’s teacher(s) or paraprofessional(s), or if you have any questions about your child’s assignment to a teacher or paraprofessional, please contact the principal at your child’s school.