Procedure 511 - Student Fundraising
Fund Raising Request Form
- Requesting Fundraising Activities
- Forms requesting a fund raising activity will be available in the office of the Elementary or Secondary Assistant Superintendent. (See Appendix A)
- Principals are to forward requests for fundraising activities to the appropriate Assistant Superintendent for processing no less than five (5) business days before the first day of the fundraising activity.
- Scheduling of Fundraising Activities
- The Elementary and Secondary Assistant Superintendent will be responsible for developing an accurate schedule of all fundraising activities in the District by student groups for the purpose of controlling the number of such activities and eliminating conflicts within overlapping attendance areas and within the District.
- All fundraising activities will generally be scheduled outside of the regular school day.
- The building Principal and the Assistant Superintendent are responsible for scheduling fundraising activities so that there is a minimum number of conflicts.
- Principals will submit an annual report of fund raising activities to the appropriate Assistant Superintendent which will include:
- Number of fund raising activities
- Number of dollars raised through fund raising
- Sponsoring organization of fund raising
- A categorization of types of fund raising
- Evaluation of fundraising activities on a scale to be determined by the Assistant Superintendent
- Accounting Procedures for Fundraising Activities
- Funds raised by student groups will be accounted for as follows:
- Co-curricular fundraising activities will be accounted for in the general fund and in accordance with procedures outlined in the Administrative Accounting and Procedure Manuals.
- Extracurricular fundraising activities will be accounted for in the student activities fund and in accordance with "Manual of Instructions for Uniform Student Activities Accounting for Minnesota School Districts".
- Funds donated by extracurricular student groups that are to be used for curricular or co-curricular purposes must be transferred from the student organization to the District through action by the School Board.
Procedure Revised: 4/17/01
Procedure 511 Dated: 12/7/99
(formerly Procedure 5312)
Procedure Revised: 11/15/83
Procedure Adopted: 3/23/78
Policy 542 - Extended Education Trips
Policy 510 - School Activities
INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT 279
Maple Grove, Minnesota
<<< Back | Back to Top